I am currently reading 'The monk who sold his ferrari' by Robin S. Sharma and came across the 10 rituals for a radiant living. They seem easy to follow but still need discipline. I would like to summarize them here.
1. Solitude - This involves nothing more than ensuring that your daily schedule includes a mandatory period of peace, e.g. spending time alone, immersed in the beautiful blanket of silence.
2. Physicality - This is based on the principle you care for the body so you care for the mind. As you train your body you train your mind.
3. Live Nourishment - Live foods, foods that are not dead; the writer speaks about a vegetarian diet. I don't know if that is something for me because I like to have a piece of meat every now and then.
4. Abundant Knowledge - lifelong learning and expanding your knowledge. It's not what you will get out of the books but rather what the books will get out of you.
5. Personal Reflection - Review your day ... figure out what is right and what is wrong in your days and in your life. Then set about making immediate improvements.
6. Early Awakening - That's my favorite. Start your (early) day on a delightful footing. Laugh, play and give thanks for all you have. There's a 10 minute period before you sleep and the 10 minute period after you wake up which are profoundly influential on your subconscious mind. Only the most inspiring and serene thoughts should be programmed into your mind at those times.
7. Music - Never forget the power of music! It is one of the motivators and is uplifting.
8. The Spoken Word - Mantras which change the self image. If you say that you are healthy, dynamic and fully alive, your life will be transformed.
9. Congruent Character - Act in a way that is congruent to your true character. Act with integrity and be guided by your heart. The rest will take care of itself.
10. And last but not least ... Simplicity - Life a simple life. Focus on your priorities, those activities which are truly meaningful. Nothing to extremes, everything in moderation.